10 Money Saving Gadgets That Pay For Themselves
As a homeowner, sometimes you have to spend a little money to save a lot of green. By investing in a few little upgrades like energy efficient lighting and handy kitchen helpers, you can shave dollars off of your energy and grocery bills. Take a look at this list of smart money saving gadgets and consider which ones you can apply to your home and start saving today.
- Save with a Surge Protector—Even if you are really good about turning off electronics when you are using them, you are still using standby power. With a surge protector, you are saving that standby energy on all those electronics.
- Light the Way—Forget hassling with wiring, long cords and all night cost for outdoor light; use solar lights to brighten up your front yard using the power of the sun instead.
- Knowledge is Power—If you are curious on how much power your electronics are using, try plugging them into a Sava A Watt Phantom Power Indicator and easily see how much wattage it being used.
- Hands-off Approach—Turning lights on and off when you are in a room is a great habit but if you aren’t good a it, try purchasing a motion-sensor light so you don’t have to worry about it.
- Fresher Foods—Cut down on waste and money spent replacing produce with a Blueapple freshness extender to keep your food fresher, longer.
- Money Monitor—To help you identify your high spending habits, try purchasing an energy use monitor to discover how much energy your electronics are using.
- Skip Laundry Day—Try waiting until you have a full load of laundry and use a specially formulated “pod” which is only a fraction of the cost of dry cleaning.
- Bright Idea—Try a responsive set of Stack light bulbs that have sensors that automatically adjust output to a room’s natural light.
- Get Fresh—A bunch of parsley or cilantro can be kept fresh with a herb keeper.
- Charged Up - Save money on new packs of batteries for your household electronics, flashlights and remote controls by investing in a battery charger.
*Courtesy of Bobvila.com